Strive for Success students on community college campuses have an opportunity to participate as a LINCT Ambassador or as a Strive for Success Student Success Leader (SSL)—a paid on-campus, leadership training internship and peer mentoring program.
Peer Mentoring Model
First year CUNY students–from LINCT or a Community-Based Organization partnership arriving at one of our partner campuses–are eligible to apply to be a LINCT Ambassador.
Ambassadors are considered important leaders who create a sense of community for themselves and others!
Job Responsibilities include:
- Working 10-12 hours a month throughout the academic year
- Conduct presentations at partner high schools and provide insight into what it means to be a college student
- Greet high school seniors during CUNY Placement testing days and provide campus tours
- Represent the LINCT in College Ambassador Program at new student orientations and other events
- Participate in scheduled training and regular check-ins
- Any former LINCT student attending one of our seven CUNY partner colleges in fall 2015
- In good academic standing (80 or above H.S. average on transcript)
- Have a maximum adjusted gross family income that is at or below 200% the federal poverty guideline
- Able to manage responsibility well and lead by good example
- Earn $11/hour
- Leadership and Social Media Training
- Opportunities to network and build connections
- Develop public speaking and communication skills
- Build workplace skills and a strong resume
Contact Laura Myers at Laura.Myers@cuny.edu for more information.